Getting Started with Microsoft Word
With Word online, you can:
- Create documents from scratch.
- Add text, tables, pictures, links and more.
- Access your documents from a computer, tablet, or phone with OneDrive.
- Check your spelling and grammar.
- Share your documents, and work with others.
Watch the video above to learn more about how you can get started with Word.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Word?
Microsoft Word is a word-processing program used mainly for creating documents, such as brochures, letters, learning activities, quizzes, tests, and students’ homework assignments.
How can I access Word?
You can access Word by logging into Microsoft 365. Simply go to the Microsoft 365 website and sign in using your Loughborough College email and password.
Can I download Word?
After logging into the Microsoft 365 online portal you should see an ‘Install apps’ button in the top right of the interface. Simply select this button and follow the instructions to install a number of different desktop versions of Microsoft 365 apps.