Ease of Access - Vision
In the settings of your Windows PC/Laptop you will find Ease of Access here is where you can adjust the settings on your computer to make it more accessible to your needs, these settings are broken down into 3 sections: Vision, Hearing & Interaction.
To customize you settings in Windows and some Windows apps, select the Start button, then select Settings > Ease of Access > Select the settings you want and adjust to your preference.
- Display – Make your display easier to see, make text and the screen size bigger, adjust brightness.
- Cursor & pointer – Make your pointer, cursor and touch feedback easier to see, change pointer size and colour, make the cursor easier to see when typing by adjusting the thickness change touch feedback by turning on the ability to show visual feedback around your touch points. Find out more: Make your mouse, keyboard, and other input devices easier to use (Microsoft support site)
- Magnifier – Use Magnifier to zoom in on parts of your display. You can run it full screen, in a separate window or as a lens that follows your mouse pointer around the screen. Find out more: Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see (Microsoft support site)
- Colour Filters – Make photos and colours easier to see by applying a colour filter to your screen. Find out more: Make Windows easier to see (Microsoft support site)
- High Contrast – Make text and apps easier to see by using more distinct colours.
- Narrator – A screen reader that describes what’s on your screen so you can use that information to navigate your device it can be controlled by keyboard, touch and mouse. Find out more: Hear text read aloud with Narrator (Microsoft support site)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where can I find out more information on Windows accessibility features?
You can find out more information here on Microsoft’s support website and YouTube Playlist:
Where can I go to find more support with Microsoft products?
You can find out more information and support on Microsoft’s website: