HE Student Agreement and College Code
The ‘HE Student Agreement and College Code’ outlines the expectations students can have of the college and, in turn, the expectations the college has of all students.
All students should familiarise themselves with the Student Agreement and College Code and adhere to it throughout their time at college.
Rights and responsibilities
Being a student at Loughborough College brings with it both rights and responsibilities. The formal relationship between you and the College is set out in your Student Learning Agreement which you signed up to at enrolment.
We will provide you with:
- A safe and friendly learning environment within a secure campus.
- Clear, accurate and impartial information, advice and guidance to help you choose the right programme of learning, achieve and progress.
- An environment that promotes equality and respect and welcomes and celebrates diversity.
- Excellent, inspiring and enjoyable teaching and learning.
- High quality support services and facilities to support your learning.
- Opportunities to have your say and share your views of the college.
- Enrichment opportunities to enhance your employability skills and personal development.
- Clear, current and accurate information to support your studies and progression.
We expect you to:
- Attend all of your learning sessions; punctually and ready to learn.
- Act in a mature manner at all times and treat all individuals with respect and consideration and tolerance.
- Respect the college environment, facilities and resources and cause no wilful damage to college or other people’s property.
- Participate fully in all scheduled learning sessions and complete all work and assessments on time.
- Not consume food or drink, except water, in classrooms or other learning areas.
- Switch off your mobile phone in classrooms and other learning areas, except when being used specifically for learning.
- Take care to act safely and not put yourself or others at risk; where there are special safety requirements in your area of work, you must adhere to them.
- Display your college lanyard and ID around your neck at all times whilst on college campus.
- Never allow another individual to use your ID to enter or exit college.
- Only smoke in designated areas, including e-cigarettes and vapes.
- Not come to college under the influence of alcohol or drugs or bring alcohol or drugs onto the campus.
- Not harass other people (harassment means giving people unwanted attention).
- Comply with college requirements on safeguarding and prevent, and not express extremist or offensive views, or act in ways that could be considered extremist and/or offensive, or attempt to influence others to do so.
Please be aware that failure to adhere to the College Code may result in disciplinary action.
You can find the HE Student Agreement and College Code on the college website.