Careers Information, Advice and Guidance
At Loughborough College, we have qualified careers information, advice and guidance staff to help you to plan ahead and make career choices, even before you start at the college. Our aim is to ensure that you have selected the right programme of study or apprenticeship for your chosen career at the start and receive support with taking your next steps towards the end of your time with us and even after you have left.
- A free and confidential service to learners at Loughborough College (open to you before, during and after your course/studies).
- The opportunity to receive information and discuss all options available to you, by telephone, Teams, email and face-to-face (drop-in and appointments).
- Careers online resources via LearnZone and CareerZone to help you with self and opportunity awareness and decision making.
- Tutorials on topics including options from courses, applications, selection, gap years, higher education and further training.
We are proud that Loughborough College holds the Matrix Award for the high standard of information, advice and guidance to our students. The College works in partnership with external providers, including UCAS, universities and Student Finance England, as well as working with employers and other services and departments in the college to ensure that you have access to up-to-date and impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
Our trained staff are based in the Hub at college and in the Careers and Enterprise Hub in the town centre. You can drop by to speak to us or make an appointment for a later date.
Phone: 01509 517174 or Email: email@example.com
Or speak to your Progress Tutor or a member of staff at Reception.
At Loughborough College, we have a team that can provide you with information and advice on preparing for work, sourcing work placements and apprenticeship opportunities. During your time at Loughborough College you will work closely with our team who can guide you to develop your workplace skills and ensure that you are prepared for the world of work.
We can offer you:
- A free and confidential service.
- Work and industrial placements and supported internships for people with SEND.
- Information and advice in tutorials, by face to face meetings, telephone, Teams and email at flexible times to suit you.
- Support with looking for jobs and apprenticeships, CV writing, applications and interviews.
The team deliver tutorials on the stages and aspects of careers and employability including job applications, CV writing, cover letters, interview preparation and personal statements as part of your programme of study.
Our trained staff are located in the college in the JobShop in the Hub in the college and in the Careers and Enterprise Hub town centre. You can drop by to speak to us or make an appointment for a later date. We will work with you to ensure you are equipped and confident when entering the workforce.
Careers and Enterprise Hub
The Careers and Enterprise Hub is a partnership between Loughborough College and Loughborough University. The staff there can help you to unlock your potential, so that you can shape the future you want, through courses, jobs, apprenticeships or starting your own business. They will help you to develop the skills that employers need, honing your job hunting, CV, cover letter, interview and assessment skills.
Our team of experts will work with you and tailor their information, advice and guidance, based on your strengths, interests and needs, using the wealth of resources at their fingertips. We also promote job vacancies for businesses and help to match job seekers with employers.
To get in touch, you can drop into the Careers and Enterprise Hub, which is located at:
14 Market Place, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3EA
Alternatively, you can give contact us via:
Phone:01509 618262 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org