What is Kahoot?
Kahoot! is a game-based quiz learning platform involving multiple-choice quizzes that can be accessed via a web browser or the Kahoot app on desktop and mobile.
Your teacher may present a live Kahoot in-person on a big screen or remotely via video on Teams. You can answer questions on your own device.
How to join a game
To join a Kahoot your tutor is hosting simply scan the QR Code with your device that appears or use the Game Pin and navigate to https://kahoot.it/
Enter the game pin, and your name, if you have an account you can sign in, if not select ‘Continue as a guest’, you are now ready for when the game starts.
How to sign up to Kahoot
- Click on the Sign up button
- Choose your account type (in this case you should choose ‘Student’.)
- Enter your date of birth
- Create a username
- Complete your login using Microsoft making sure to use your college account and password.
How to Play a Game of Kahoot
- Log in to your account.
- Find a game to play – click Discover on the top navigation bar to search from our library of millions, or choose a game from one of our collections.
- Click Play.
- When the screen launches, choose the Classic game.
- The game lobby launches, displaying a unique game PIN, for all players to see.
- Players use their own devices, e.g. a phone, to join the game via kahoot.it or the Kahoot! app, by entering the PIN and their nickname.
- Once all players are in the game lobby, click Start.
- Players answer the questions they see on the shared screen with their devices. Each answer option on the shared screen is inside a box with a specific color and shape that matches the boxes displayed on the players’ screen.
- After each question, a leaderboard showing the top 5 players is displayed. Players see their points and place on their own devices.
- At the end of the game, the winner’s nickname appears on the shared screen, and players see their final place on their device.